Yes, I realize this is Saturday but I figured I would carry on with the delayed theme that we have going on here. Actually, I was so tired when I finally got home last night that I figured the post would be incomprehensible anyway, so I may as well wait to post it in the morning. Moving on, “Five on Friday” will hopefully be a semi-regular feature where I will feature five highlights, discoveries, or just random thoughts from the previous week.
1. First of all – how nice is to actually spend time with girl friends? I have one or two close girl friends, a few co-workers and acquaintances who I mostly see at work or at the occasional get-together, and my very best friend who resides on the other side of the world. I find that while it is easier to be friends with girls now (as opposed to when I was younger and they were all drama, all the time), it is harder to make really close girl friends. Yesterday two of my girl friends joined me on a mini road trip to my orthodontist appointment in the city and it was so nice to just talk about make up and shoes and how our boyfriends/fiances/husbands are the absolute worst! (Just kidding. We love you. Most of the time.)
2. Juliette shared this video on Twitter and I nearly died. Aside from the fact that I actually enjoy kale and smoothies, this is the story of my life. “Hello wine and bagel bites” was one line in particular that truly spoke to me. However, last night, we splurged on calamari and chicken nachos and I actually regretted it afterwards because I felt so gross.
3. I found out earlier this week that I won Adaleta’s giveaway for a Lorac Mega 2 Pro Palette! I was shocked because I don’t normally enter many giveaways and I have certainly never won before. It is especially great because it is not a brand that I have easy access to here and it was limited edition which means that it is unavailable to buy now. Cannot wait to get my hands on that beautiful palette!
4. If you follow me on Snapchat (janineallison), you know that this was a good mail week for me. My new work sneakers finally arrived, after being delayed by the snow for two days. Given that I am on my feet for 12 hours a day when I am working, I have to replace my sneakers at least once a year. My back has been acting up lately and a few co-workers recommended Sketchers sneakers. I generally buy Underarmour because I love how lightweight they are but I decided to give Sketchers a chance. As soon as my eyes fell on the Sketchers Flex in Floral Bloom, I knew they had to be mine. Given that I have to wear a uniform to work, I am always looking for ways to express my (perhaps eclectic) style and these fit the bill perfectly. I also received my January Birchbox which means that there will be a review coming your way shortly. If you are thinking about signing up, use my link above and you will receive $5 off your first box if you join before January 31st.
5. I’ve been working through Helene’s Build a Successful Blog E-Course and I am quite enjoying it. I have always loved to learn new things but it is even more enjoyable when it is something that you are truly interested in. On that note, thank you to everyone who reached out to me on Facebook, left a comment, or expressed your interest in my blog. I was overwhelmed by positive response and I could not be happier! For all of you people out there who are considering it (and I know you exist, because you told me), I encourage you to go for it!
Tags : five on friday