After working two long night shifts, I am so thankful that the weekend is here! I used to love night shifts (ironically enough, my Timehop for this date in 2014 said “I absolutely HAVE to stop working day shifts!”) but now I really struggle with them. Anyway, here are five things that are making me happy this Friday!
1. When the local boutique Opal & Onyx Instagrammed a photo of the Fox & Clover mugs featuring Taylor Swift lyrics (plus a “Bye Felicia!” one) today, I immediately texted Jordan a photo and said “I need these”. There’s no denying my love for Taylor Swift or cute mugs! I think the Haters Gonna Hate mug is my favourite of the bunch, but I found so many others on the website that I love including this one, this one, this one and this one (no, they are not sponsoring this post, though I wish they were!). I could honestly pick out a mug for every one of my friends that would suit them perfectly.
2. It seems like Minnie Mouse is collaborating with everyone this year and Disney lovers like myself are rejoicing. According to Buzzfeed, the latest collaboration is with Sephora and will feature a lipstick, a lip stain set, two liquid eyeliners, a blush, a mirror, a brush set and an eyeshadow palette. It’s due to arrive in stores in April, so be sure to keep an eye out if you love all things Disney.
3. Speaking of makeup, my Lorac Mega Pro 2 that I won in Adaleta’s giveaway arrived this evening! It’s too dark to take sensible photos right now but I cannot wait to test it out tomorrow. Expect a review and swatches in the near future!
4. I feel like I mentioned Helene in my last “Five on Friday” but I recently signed up for her “Get More Followers” webinar (which goes live next Wednesday) and I highly recommend signing up, just for access to the private Facebook group. I’ve found so many great new blogs to read (including a fellow Newfoundlander!) and obtained a few new blog, Twitter and Instagram followers myself.
5. I managed to evade the stomach flu this week! Jordan started having symptoms Sunday night into Monday and was off work Tuesday and Wednesday. I felt a little off all week and I kept thinking I was soon going to get it, but it never did turn into anything! I’m surprised because my immune system isn’t normally the greatest but perhaps my daily dose of vitamins are actually working. In any event, I’ll consider this one a win!
Tags : five on friday