Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’re heard whisperings of the infamous Sephora VIB Rouge/VIB sale. Starting today until the 7th, VIB Rouge members receive 20% off their purchase, followed by the regular VIB sale next week from November 11th-14th. This is a big deal as Sephora only hosts two sales a year (one in the spring and one in the fall) and it is a great time to stock up on staples and purchase a few splurge-worthy items. Keep reading to see my recommendations, plus what is on my wishlist this year!
1. Foundation | I use a variety of foundations – mostly drugstore, but I generally splurge on a high-end foundation during the sale. This year, I have the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H Long Wear Foundation on my wishlist, though I’m still debating between that and the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Longwear Foundation Stick. I struggle to pay $50+ a bottle for foundation when I’ve had good luck with drugstore options, so I take advantage of the 20% off which makes it a little easier to swallow.
2. Primer | Like foundation, primer can be an expensive purchase. However, unlike foundation, I haven’t found a drugstore option that compares to the quality of a good primer. Since trying a sample of the Becca Backlight Priming Filter, I haven’t been able to get it off my mind. It honestly made my skin glow to the point where I didn’t even feel like I needed foundation.
3. Beauty Tools | I love my Beauty Blender but I hate the nearly-$30 price tag attached to it, especially when there are cheaper alternatives. I wash mine regularly and try to make it last between sales, then get a bright new one at 20% off. Likewise, it is a great time to pick up a brush set, hair dryer or straightener without paying full price.
4. Palettes | Jordan already purchased the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette for me for Christmas so the only palette I currently have left on my wishlist is the Nars True Story Cheek & Lip Palette. It was love at first sight but I will be shocked if it’s still in stock by next week. In previous years, I’ve picked up the Urban Decay Naked Palettes and the Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette. Again, it’s the best time to grab those pricier items at a discount!
5. Lipstick | Okay, this isn’t a “must have” item for me right now, but it’s hard to resist buying these at a discount. I have two Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks in “Requiem” and “Lovesick”, as well as the limited edition Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Mauvember 2016 Lipstick (hey, it’s for a great cause!) on my list this year.
6. Limited Edition Holiday Products | Okay, this is where Sephora sucks us all in. Theres nothing like the words “limited edition” or a perfectly curated set of mini products to make you want to purchase it right now. Sadly, one of the items on my list, the Fresh Sugar Lip Party Favours is already sold out (fingers crossed that it will return!). The Bite Beauty Best Bite Redux and the Huda Beauty Lip Contour Set are also on my list and I love stocking up on the L’Occitane Hand Creams during the holidays (still using mine from last year!).
What do you plan to buy during the sale? Leave a comment below – I’d love to know!
P.S.Don’t forget to use Ebates to get 4% cash back on your Sephora purchase!